½ Day Mombasa City Tour
Price on requestThis safari is the perfect choice for business travelers and conference attendees who have one or two days to spare and would like to get some first-hand experience of African nature and wildlife.
Fort Jesus, which was built in the late 16th century by the Portuguese and is now a museum. If you like, you can visit the museum.
All about the ½ Day Mombasa City Tour Trip
½ Day Mombasa City Tour
We will pick you up at your hotel and visit the Akamba woodcarvers in their village, Changamwe, where we can see them at work. Finished hand-made products are on display and for sale in the exhibition rooms.
Then we will head for downtown Mombasa, which is actually located on an island. We will passs the Hindu Temple and Moi avenuy with Mombasa's famous landmark, the giant tusks.
We continue through Ganjoni Street and Nyerere Avenue to the Likoni ferry, which connects the island to the southern mainland. From Mama Ngina Avenue, we have a view of the entrance to the new Kilindini Harbour, the biggest port in East Africa.
Our next stop is Fort Jesus, which was built in the late 16th century by the Portuguese and is now a museum. If you like, you can visit the museum. Afterwards you will have the opportunity to stroll across the bazaar of Kibokoni, the old town inhabited by the Swahili. Finally, we will visit the Old Port, which is still being used by dhows. These old commercial ships commute between the mainland and islands like Zanzibar, Pemba or Lamu, but also sail as far as Saudi Arabia.
At the end of the city tour, we will take you back to your hotel.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
+ What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Mombasa
- One night Hotel accommodation in Mombasa town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
-What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.