4 Days Nairobi and Masai Mara
Price on requestDepending on the hotel, you will either have the opportunity to watch animals coming to the nearby waterhole in the cool night, or sit around a large campfire.
4 Days Nairobi and Masai Mara
(DAY 1) Mombasa-Nairobi
We will leave Mombasa early in the morning on the main road to Nairobi, passing between Tsavo East and Tsavo West national parks. We will stop for breakfast in Mtito Andei.
By lunch time we will reach Nairobi, located at approx. 1,700 m above sea level. The city, which has a quite western appearance by African standards, was founded around the turn of the last century as a railway workers' camp. On our tour of the city, we will see the Parliament, Kenyatta International Conference Centre, various churches, temples and mosques, the National Museum, the famous New Stanley Hotel and some of the city's many parks. Commercial streets, bazaars and markets offer abundant shopping opportunities. Later on we will see Nairobi by night.
(DAY 2) Nairobi-Masai Mara
After breakfast we will leave Nairobi and head for Nelson Crossing. From here, we have a spendid view of the vast country and Rift Valley, the continuous geographic trough that runs from northern Syria to Mozambique. In Kenya, it is about 50 km wide and up to 3,000 m deep.
After a short stop in Narok, we will continue our journey towards Kisii and soon reach the Masai Mara, the northern continuation of the Serengeti. We will start right away with a game drive through the Masai Mara (1,510 km²) and before reaching our lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, there will be another game drive before we return to the Lodge and to have dinner and spend the night.
(DAY 3) Masai Mara
We will spend most of this day on game drives through the vast plains of the Masai Mara, which has the richest wildlife in all of Kenya. In Masai language, the name means "clutter of wildlife". The park is home ot elephants, lions, cheetahs, rhinos, buffaloes, zebras, giraffes, antelopes, gnus, gazelles, waterbucks, warthogs, ostriches and many other anmials.
Probably the most famous natural phenomenon there is the so-called wildebeest migration of millions of gnus, zebras and gazelles. As all the animals cast their youn more or less at the sme time, food in the Serengeti gets scares, and the animals move north, where they can still find grass. In June-July the animals cross the crocodile-infested Mara river and spend some months grazing the Masai Mara. In October-November they move back south to Tanzania.
Dinner will be served in your hotel.
- (Day 4) Msai Mara Mombasa
If desired, we will go on an early-moring game drive. After breakfast, we will make our way through scenic landscapes back to Mombasa. We will stop somewhere for lunch and arrive in Mombasa in the evening.
At an extra charge, you have the option to take the train to Nairobi (approx. 12 hours, sleeper compartment) and start your safari from there.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
+ What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Mombasa
- One night Hotel accommodation in Mombasa town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
-What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.