2 Days Tsavo East
Price on requestThis safari is the perfect choice for business travelers and conference attendees who have one or two days to spare and would like to get some first-hand experience of African nature and wildlife.
Depending on the hotel, you will either have the opportunity to watch animals coming to the nearby waterhole in the cool night, or sit around a large campfire.
2 Days Tsavo East
(DAY 1) Tsavo East
We will leave Mombasa early in the morning and drive to the thornbush savannah of Tsavo East, the land of the "red elephants". Their colour is due to the red soil that is typical for the area.
On our game drive through the 1.1 mn hectare park, we will pass Aruba dam and, depending on the local situation, Lugard Falls in Tsavo River. At this point, the river changes its name: up to Malindi it is called Galana River; from there to the Ocean it is known as Sabaki River. The park's animal kingdom includes various gazelles, kudus, waterbucks, zebras, giraffes and a variety of birds. Rhinos have become extremely rare. We may also see the famous lions of Tsavo, the so-called "man eaters". The name goes back to Lt. Col. Patterson, whose men suffered under the lions while building Tsavo Bridge and the railway line to Uganda.
We will have lunch at Voi Safari Lodge, which offers a view of the 90 km long Yatta plateau, one of the world's longest lava streams (provided that the weather is clear). Yatta Plateau is intersected by Athi River, which come from Nairobi and merges with Tsavo River just before Lugard Falls. We will have an afternoon game drive and then return to the lodge to have dinner and spend the night.
(DAY 2) Tsavo East and MombasaIn the morning, we will go on a game drive. If we did not make it to Lugard Falls on the first day, we may pass there now. After lunch in the hotel, we will leave Kenya's biggest national park and head back to Mombasa, where we arrive in the evening.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
+ What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Mombasa
- One night Hotel accommodation in Mombasa town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
-What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.