1 Day Shimba Hills
Price on requestThis safari is the perfect choice for business travelers and conference attendees who have one or two days to spare and would like to get some first-hand experience of African nature and wildlife.
Shimba Hills game reserve, which boasts a rain forest with rare trees and orchids.
All about the 1 Day Shimba Hills Day Trip
1 Day Shimba Hills
We will leave Mombasa early in the morning. Crossing over to the southern mainland on the Likoni ferry, you will have an excellent view of Kilindini Harbour, the biggest port of East Africa.
We will continue to the Shimba Hills game reserve, which boasts a rain forest with rare trees and orchids. The black-maned sabre antelopes are unique to this area. There are also elephants, buffaloes, leopards and monkeys. Moreover, you will see a huge variety of colourful birds on the game drive.
In good weather, the hills offer a view up to the Indian Ocean in the east, Taita Hills in the north and sometimes as far as Mount Kilimanjaro.
For lunch, we will stop at Shimba Hills Lodge or open our lunch packages. Built on pillars right next to a waterhole, the lodge gives guests an excellent opportunity to observe the game.
We will be back in Mombasa in time for dinner.
The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
+ What is included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport and Mombasa
- One night Hotel accommodation in Mombasa town on the day of arrival.
- Extended 4 x 4 luxury safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Professional safari English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the national parks
- Accommodation at mid range lodge and camps during the safari at full board
- Camping fees at all national park
- 18% VAT to our entrance fees
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
-What is not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 690 per person), should be booked in advance
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Tips and gratuities to your safari guide
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Single room accommodations
- Liquors, beers and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.